Idea's for further reading

Front Page Forums General Martial Arts Idea's for further reading

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

was just wondering if anyone can recommend a few good books to read about Martial Arts. I am not really looking for technique manuals as I have more than enough instruction material from this site. I am more looking for book about martial arts philosophies/history that sort of thing. I have started studying Krav maga so books on that would be great but I am really just interested in any related books you think might be worth checking out.

Thanks in advance

Defender64
    Participant

There are a couple that I own. Very interesting and helpful. One is called Facing Violence by Rory Miller and the other actually has instruction in it but it’s very informative. It’s Jim Wagner’s Reality Based Protection System by Jim Wagner. You’d have to go to his website to get it but it’s very informative. He talks about crime survival, terrorism survival, and many more from a law enforcement and military stand point. The first one can be picked at any book store or online. Enjoy

Matt
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Facing Biolence looks a good place to start.

Matt
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Facing Violence looks a good place to start.

Defender64
    Participant

Yes, Facing Violence is a good book. Rory Miller is a well known author and a former prison guard. He knows first hand about the subject. Also another one you might like which I own is called Krav Maga Defenses Against Armed Attacks. Its by the founder of Krav Maga, Imi Litchenfeld. Another one, even though it has techniques in it, try The Complete Krav Maga by Darren Levine. Both good books. You can also look some up on Google Play. Just type in Krav Maga under books search.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.