Black Belt at Home Blog
14 Weird Facts about my New 41 DVD Collection
- January 8, 2013
- Posted by: GMAU
- Category: Sensei Michael
I have done it – I have decided to give away the farm. Okay, not really a farm – but everything I have ever created. You can now buy all 41 of my intense, simple, thrashing, fun, easy-to-learn-from instructional DVDs. Everything from Bo Staff, to Nunchakus, to Krav Maga is in there – and this has been a long time coming. Read on to find out some weird and interesting facts about the 41 DVD mega collection:
- Seconds of Footage in this Set – 147,600 seconds. That is a looong time to look at me…sorry about that…I wouldn’t watch them all at once.
- Number of DVDs in which I look like Justin Bieber – 8. I think…maybe more. I have received quite a few comments on this. Mainly the first DVDs I ever filmed, when I was 17. But, the truth is, I was ‘famous’ before he was…yes, I can already see the twisted, troll-ish hate comments coming on this one…
- Number of Times I say “OK” as a speech tick – 498. Ok, I did not actually sit through and watch them all again. Wow, I just did it again. Well, you get the idea.
- Number of Instructors/Assistants in the Set – 6. Myself, Sensei Jon, Sensei Mike, and three other great students/assistants that helped me in some of the DVDs.
- Number of Weapons taught in the Set – 7. Bo, Nunchakus, Sword, Sai, Tonfa, Kamas, and Escrima Stick.
- I worked 30 hours straight without sleeping – 2 times. Back in 2008 when I launched Ultimate Training, the company was in trouble, stuck in a magazine advertising contract with barely any sales. I worked straight through the night and the next day on two occasions. Almost fell asleep at the wheel that next afternoon going to teach class.
- Best Selling DVD ever from the Set – Beginner Bo. The Beginner Bo DVD has been the best selling DVD out of all DVDs; but at the pace that Beginner Krav Maga has been selling, it will surpass it within the next year.
- Number of Times I threw up while filming – 0. Thankfully 0 times, although I almost passed out from exhaustion on a week-long film-a-thon.
- I filmed a set of 3 ‘Magic’ Instructional DVDs. One of my martial arts students was a magician; and we decided to create a series of magic instructional DVDs. I just thought it was an odd fact.
- Number of years-in-th-making this set took – 6. I filmed the first DVDs six years ago, and have spent thousands of hours producing, filming, teaching, learning, manufacturing, packaging, shipping all DVDs by hand.
- Number of Filming Studios/Locations – 4. My father’s original martial arts school, my first martial arts school, my renovated barn/studio in a pasture, and my current school.
- I started ULTIMATE TRAINING DVDs because other martial arts DVDs annoyed me. As a martial artist, I had purchased some 30-40 martial arts DVDs over a period of time. So many were full of champions that did not know how to slow-it-down and just teach. I wanted to make something that actually helps others.
- Number of Countries these DVDs are being watched in – 40. Approximately 40: USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Philippines, Japan, Spain, South Africa, Finland, Australia, Austria, Germany, France, Peru, Argentina, and many more…
- The 41 DVD collection includes a bonus – INVISIBLE HUG. Invisible HUG is a bonus I included into every single collection that is purchased…
What are you waiting for! Go buy the 41 DVD Collection Now! Thanks! 🙂
Also, if you want to be a home study course, you can add on the three manuals (Bo, Nunchakus, and Karate) & enrollment into the course for just $50 more. You will see that as an option on the page.
Thanks! –Sensei Michael