Hello Everyone

Front Page Forums Ultimate Bo Hello Everyone

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BlakeDunford
    Participant

Hello I just thought id introduce myself to the group.

Im 32, I live north of Toronto
    Im just working my way through Yellow Chevron. Im really enjoying the course. The Instruction is great. Im picking the stuff up fairly quick. Iv been training Chito Ryu Karate for 25 years, but unfortunally there isnt much weapons training in our system I know a couple traditional Bo katas.

I cant wait to show off my new skills at the Dojo

GMAU
    Keymaster

Hi Blake,

It sounds like you began training at the same age I did. I can definitely tell that martial arts is a way of life for you then, rather than just an activity. I was also drawn to weapons (bo and nunchakus first), as my core style did not offer anything within its syllabus. I think learning the bo is a natural extension of empty hand martial arts such as Chito Ryu, but it ends up taking on a mind of its own, when you get into the complexities of weapon movement, distances, footwork, holds, and all of this in relation to what weapon your opponent is or is not holding.

And, it is really a lot of fun to show of your skills in the dojo, I know how that is. Have a great time training, I’m here if you need me.

-Michael

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.