Studen Journal for Ultimate Bo?

Front Page Forums Ultimate Bo Studen Journal for Ultimate Bo?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Danger
    Participant

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the amazing courses.

Although I purchased both the Ultimate Bo and Krav Maga courses, I am only interested in ranking in Ultimate Bo at this time. Is it still necessary to use the student journal? If so, I’m having a hard time finding how to access it.

Thanks!

Danger

GMAU
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks so much for asking this question, I know there has been a little confusion around this. At this moment in time, we do not “minimum training hours” and the Online Student Journal for Ultimate Bo students. We are currently only requiring this for the core arts of Krav Maga and Shotokan Karate.

This does not mean we will not add this as a requirement/benefit in the near future. Actually, the journal is not designed to be an annoying little task, or added red tape for students. It allows us as instructors to keep tabs and check up on our students training regimen, frequency, and progress. This created a two-way communication, and stronger student-teacher relationship, like you would find in a dojo. And, of course it creates accountability, and a deeper commitment to consistent practice.

As we move along, we will be looking to improve our entire system. But for now, student journaling is NOT a requirement for Ultimate Bo students, that is why you do not see anything for it.

We still expect students to practice with the bo frequently, and be completely prepared when they submit their rank exam.

I hope that helps, feel free to share your opinions and thoughts on journaling and the student training process as a whole.

Danger
    Participant

Absolutely answered my question. Thank you.

I think it’s a great idea, anyway… so when if/when you do decide to implement it, count me in!

Thanks.

senseimitch
    Participant

I should have searched this site before e-mailing Micheal. Just asked this question 5 minutes ago.
    I’m also a student of the Krav Maga and Shotokan Karate Programs.

Wish I had found this sooner but thanks so much for the answer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.