Total Krav Maga® is an organized training program, which offers level certifications from yellow belt to black belt (Levels 1-6). TKM itself is not “an offshoot martial arts style”, but rather an organized, standardized training regimen with six levels of understanding. The TKM program is designed to help practitioners learn the strong foundational necessity of stances, blocks, strikes, self defense techniques, awareness, instinctive reactions, groundfighting, knife defense, gun defense, blunt weapon defenses and fitness. The course does not just teach you techniques, but also includes complete Krav Maga follow along classes, and Krav conditioning workouts. These classes include drills, exercises, and ideas for your own home practice. The workouts can be added to your current regimen as a way to get more defense technique repetition, while increasing your cardio endurance. You will have the opportunity to advance in rank via our video testing process, in which you will receive full feedback and instructor support. A training partner is required for advancement in rank at home. The black belt exam must be taken in-person at one of our training centers.
Total Krav Maga
Total Krav Maga® – Distance Training Home Study Course
What You Will Learn:
- All curriculum and rank requirements from Levels 1 – 6. (Yellow – Black Belt)
- Combatives – simple and effective striking counterattacks which have many uses in combat and defensive scenarios. Palm strikes, knees, kicks, hand strikes, head butts, and other movements that will get you out alive.
- Self Defense Techniques – no-nonsense or “memorization” based defenses to the most common attacks: hand chokes, rear naked choke, punches, kicks, grabs, tackles, and more.
- Weapons Defenses – hand gun defenses, stick/blunt weapons, knife, long gun, rope, and other extremely dangerous attacks.
- Ground Defenses – most fights end up on the ground, so we must train and be prepared. You will learn how to fall safely, maintain a proper ground defense position, defend ground strikes and chokes, apply submissions, and quickly get back to your feet while disengaging.
- Conditioning and Fitness – workout with complete fitness routines to improve flexibility, speed, reactions, muscle strength, and overall endurance.
Total Krav Maga recognizes rank advancement with “level certifications”, which can be equated to a color belt. The belt colors are shown as a relative guide to what the rank is equated to. Our home study course is a self-paced program, and can be completed more quickly or slowly depending on your own training intensity, past martial arts experience, and feedback from your grading instructor. We uphold the exact same standards for distance training students, as we do with physical facility students. This means that you will need to work extra-hard, find a training partner, and be totally prepared before each exam.
The exams can be taken via a video rank exam or at one of our training centers. But, the black belt exam must be taken in-person. Upon completing Level 5, your instructor will give you a detailed list of prerequisites and pre-test qualification necessities before a physical test can be scheduled.
Level 1 Certification (yellow belt)
Level 2 Certification (orange belt)
Level 3 Certification (green belt)
Level 4 Certification (blue belt)
Level 5 Certification (brown belt)
Level 6 Certification (black belt)
Get Started Now! Choose An Option Below To Learn More
GMAU Krav Maga Student Membership
LVL 1 - LVL 6
- Complete Level 1-6 Curriculum Videos
- Fresh Training Material Added Monthly
- Official Student Enrollment
- Anytime Instructor Support
- Rank Testing
- Course Updates + New Material
starting at $29.95/month
Total Krav Maga Home Study Course
LVL 1 - LVL 3
- Level 1-3 Curriculum Videos
- Home Study Manual
- Streaming + Download
- Guided Training Course
- Add-On Full Student Enrollment
DVD + Streaming Edition – $149
Streaming Edition – $129
Total Krav Maga Advanced To Blackbelt
LVL 4 - LVL 6
- Level 4-6 Curriculum Videos
- Advanced weapons, ground, and defenses
DVD + Streaming Edition – $149
Streaming Edition – $129
Which Krav Maga system or style is this?
The truth is, this is based off of “Krav Maga,” and not some sub-segment style. The curriculum you will learn in this course originally comes from the founder of Krav Maga and the Israeli military forces. Since Krav Maga is an open style, with the ability for constant evolution, there are some “personal interpretations” of various techniques within the syllabus. These alternate options are given as options when they arise, and do not take away from the Krav Maga philosophy itself, which is what our program teaches at its core.
How do I earn real rank at home?
You will need to purchase the Total Krav Maga Home Study Course. You can then enroll as an official student with the Global Martial Arts University for $59 per year.
Is it aligned with a particular organization or association?
Yes, all rank awarded is recognized and accredited through the Global Martial Arts Association, the Association of Martial Artists World Wide, as well as various local and national training centers. If you are looking to receive a certification or ranking through a specific group – then you must contact them directly. If you are purely interested in mastering the art itself, improving yourself, and earning accredited rank as you progress – then our course will be a good fit.
Do I need a partner to participate in the Krav Maga distance training program?
Yes. You can practice and learn many techniques on your own. But in order to take the rank exam, you will need a partner to help you demonstrate your requirements. Also, to show a true level of proficiency, consistent practice with a training partner is a necessity. Krav Maga is a contact art, you literally need contact practice in order to learn and perfect the concepts.
Meet Your Instructors
Michael South is a black belt Krav Maga instructor and has been a student of the martial arts for over ten years. He also holds black belts in Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido. He began teaching martial arts professionally six years ago and is the founder of National Martial Arts, an Oklahoma-based martial arts organization dedicated to making the world a better and safer place. He specializes in Krav Maga instruction and is an avid student of BJJ at the moment, as well as a competitor. He earned his Krav Maga black belt from Dustin Koppel, who earned his black belt from John Gabriel, who earned his black belt from Darren Levine, who earned his black belt from Imi Lichtenfeld.
Dustin Koppel has been involved in the martial arts for more than a decade now, and teaching for 8 years. He began with Krav Maga and Muay Thai Kickboxing. Two years later he got involved with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. As a competitor, he has won kickboxing championships in the light and super heavyweight categories. Currently, he runs a top martial arts school in Tennessee, along with training his global Krav Maga distance training students.
Who Trains with Our Courses
The great thing about our home study courses is that, not only will you be learning and progressing with a structured curriculum, but you can also earn real rank and credentials! We currently have hundreds or martial artists around the world using our courses. Here are some examples of students who train with our course.
- Individuals who have trained in martial arts in the past, but have taken some time off. (Our Courses offer an opportunity to pick back up where they left off on their own schedule, or learn a new discipline)
- Current students training in martial arts, who are looking to learn something new. (If you are currently training in Karate, for example, but you would like to master a new art such as Krav Maga or Bo)
- Martial Arts instructors and school owners. (Wanting to learn a new art, and even become a Certified Instructor in one of our programs, to have something new and exciting to teach their students).
- Anyone who wants to “feel like a white belt again.” (Whether you have earned several black belts, or just have aspirations to get there, our courses give you the change to start a new journey, and reach a new goal).
- Individuals who are too busy to attend regularly scheduled classes, or that do not have a training facility near by. (Our courses can be used anywhere, as long as you have the desire and dedication to train)
[…] Total Krav Maga […]
Comments are closed.