Krav Maga Instructor Certification Tennessee
Krav Maga Level 1 Certification Event – Oak Ridge, TN – April 21st-23rd, 2017
About the Event
The event will be instructed by Global Martial Arts University head instructor Dustin Koppel (3rd degree krav maga black belt, BJJ purple belt, MMA and kickboxing champion) at his martial arts school in Oak Ridge, TN. What you can expect to learn:
- Mastery of fundamental krav maga techniques
- How to properly teach krav maga, cycle of instruction, class management, age ranges, fitness, flexibility, and other facets of krav maga
- One-on-one practice and instructor with Dustin Koppel, and his instructor team.
- Meet and train with a small handful of other kravists from around the country
- Walk away with confidence in starting your own successful krav maga program
Requirements to Attend
You must meet the below requirements to be eligible for this certification:
- Currently hold a brown belt or above in some martial art style
- Be an enrolled student in the Black Belt at Home Total Krav Maga course or GMAU Krav Maga course, and be ranked at least Level 1/Yellow Belt.
- Age 18+
To Achieve the Certification
In order for participants to achieve certification they must: meet the requirements to attend, complete the two days of training, and pass the physical, teaching, and written exam on Sunday morning. Also, a yearly instructor update will be required to maintain an active certified instructor with the GMAA. This can be done online or in person.
Benefits of Certification
Attendees who pass the certification exam will be Global Martial Arts Association recognized Certified Instructors of Krav Maga. Benefits you will obtain:
- You will receive the actual physical certificate to display.
- Be listed on the Global Martial Arts Association website in the school locator and find an instructor feature. (coming soon)
- Receive the Total Krav Maga written curriculum and instructor manual for use in running your own program.
- Students certificates that you can issue to your own students, in which their rank will be recognized by the Global Martial Arts Association and other related institutions.
- As we develop our instructor support program, you will be the first to get class plans, and other support items to use in your own local classes.
- You can rank your students up to the Level/Belt that you hold in the style of Krav Maga.
Instructor Certification: One time cost of $495. If you bring another team member with you, each additional instructors is only $250. There are no monthly licensing or maintenance fees to stay a certified instructor. But, you are required to continue moving up in rank with us, and complete your instructor update every two years, or you will not continue as a recognized and active instructor in our associate.
Student Certification + Belt Test: $249
The below schedule outlines the section of curriculum that you will be reviewing (both as a student, and learning to instruct) throughout the event.
Friday, April 21st
10 am – 12 pm: Combatives and Drills
12 – 12:45 pm: Lunch
12:45 – 4 pm: Self Defense
4 – 5:30 pm: Mock Teaching
5:30 – 6 pm: Intro to Gun Defense
Saturday, April 22nd
12 – 3 pm: Review and Gun Defense
3 – 7 pm: Weapons Defense & Ground
Sunday, April 23rd
10 am – 1 pm: Exam and Wrap Up
We provide adequate breaks for rest, water, snacks in the schedule. Our events are safe and have a positive and supportive environment.
National Martial Arts
142 Bus Terminal Rd, Oak Ridge, TN 37830
A 30 minute drive from the airport in Knoxville, TN. A reasonable day-drive for most residents of Central and Eastern US.There are several hotels within a few miles of the school, and many restaurants.
About the Instructor
Dustin Koppel has been involved in the martial arts for more than a decade now, and teaching for 8 years. He began with Krav Maga and Muay Thai Kickboxing. Two years later he got involved with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. As a competitor, he has won kickboxing championships in the light and super heavyweight categories. Currently, he runs a top martial arts school in Tennessee, along with training his global Krav Maga distance training students. You can see him teach a full beginner krav maga class here.
You can register now to secure your spot. This is a small group event, to maximize the attention given to each student.
Student Seminar Option
This option is for attending the event purely as a student, to get more in-person practice, and it also includes your yellow (or orange belt) test. The fee covers the entire event, training, and testing fee all in one. You will simply not participate in the instructor test.
One Time Payment – $249
Full Instructor Certification
If you are attending with the goal of becoming a certified and accredited Krav Maga instructor, this is your option. You will participate in all training, earn your yellow (or orange belt), along with the instructor certification if you pass.
One Time Payment – $495
3 Payment Plan – Pay $165 monthly, for three months
Questions and Answers
What if I do not pass the certification exam?
We will allow you to come back to work with Mr. Koppel or another one of our instructors to re-take the test, at no extra cost. No reason to have any fear of failure or pain around this, we have a safe and positive-energy approach to our training seminars.